Around the globe, we help cities and industries manage, optimize and make the most of their resources.
We provide an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials to promote a cleaner more sustainable world for all of us.
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today! French Speaking Project Engineer
Based Peterborough with hybrid working option
Salary to £47500 + benefits
We are recruiting a French Speaking Project Engineer to work with the Team Lead in the design of water treatment projects around Europe.
This role will be based in Peterborough and we can offer a hybrid several days per month.
Most of your working time will be in the office, in the plant and on the shop floor, with occasional site visits and customer or supplier meetings.What will the day-to-day look like?
What skills and experience will you have?
- Lead the design and project engineer execution of Bridge, Complex Mobile and BOO projects in the region and responsible for design execution on time delivery and budget.
- Design and support for regional asset care water treatment projects
- Manage CE marking and UKCA certifications process and standards
- Leading I/O checks, commissioning and startups for newly designed equipment and plants
- Manage document developments, reviews and approvals
- Manage customer deliverables and technical communications
- SAP business tool activities: Material Master, Inventory, drawing and BOM
- Sourcing supports, finding suppliers and parts and reviewing quotes
- Work closely with regional leads to develop deals and successful executions
- Subject matter expert and field supports
- Close collaboration with fabrication facilities, sourcing, product management and incorporating field feedback
- Lead, coach, and train outsource engineering and work closely to get detailed designs and drawings completed
- Design in mind of Environment Health & Safety (EHS) and Quality
- Lead HAZOPs / product safety reviews.
- Lead to introduce and implement Lean and Best Practice Tools and Processes
What are the ideal qualifications?
- Good knowledge of Electrical / Control / Mechanical Material and Equipments selection and Sizing
- PLC designs, Troubleshooting and Integrations (Preferable PLC- Allan Bradley and Siemens)
- Experience in an engineering design environment
- Product/services business in water treatment
- Strong water process and project management skills with ability to drive projects and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Good knowledge of French local design standards and Specifications
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written in English and French
What's it like working for Veolia?
- B.Sc. or Masters in an Engineering or Science or related technical role
- Ideally over 2 years relevant water treatment experience
- Fluent in BOTH French and English
Veolia is a great place to work! Our recent recognition in the Sunday Times Best Places to Work list is reflected in the competitive compensation and benefits we offer. This includes a great pension scheme, generous medical and dental schemes, flexible gym memberships, and lifestyle accounts that are relevant to the products and services people use on a daily basis.
Alongside the immediate benefits, Veolia ensures that our employees' families are provided for. We gift employees life assurance of 10 x your salary, and industry leading long term sickness benefits that will keep money coming in for up to 5 years with 2 x your salary as a lump sum gift.
We work in a dynamic environment with challenging and varied projects that will keep you interested, whilst we ensure you have all of the necessary training and development to ensure your success.What will the application process be?
- Screening conversation, fact find and job overview with Sara Lawson, our In House Recruiter, UK & Ireland.
- Online interview with the Hiring Manager, some of which will be conducted in French.
- Face-to-face meeting with the Hiring Manager and one of their team at our Peterborough office.
Interviews will take place as suitable applicants are identified and the role will remain open until a candidate has been selected.
Follow this link to reach our Job Search page to search for available jobs in a more accessible format.