The primary role of the Admissions Specialist is to ensure that the administrative formalities for student enrolment, re-enrolment and departure run smoothly.
This role handles multiple student applications simultaneously and at different points in their enrollment journey. This position requires process discipline and a keen eye for details and procedures.
The Admissions Specialist's role is critical in ensuring that first impressions of the school are positive and that applications are processed following the school's timelines, policies and practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES Administrative management of enrolment and re-enrolment files:
- Manage student enrolment and re-enrolment requests (verification and validation of required documents, communication with parents for missing/additional documents)
- Manage admissions committees (monthly planning, preparation, information to families)
- Update the student database and create opportunities on the CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Ensure the request and follow-up of student passes
- Ensure the application and follow-up of MOE exemption requests for Singaporean students (Ministry of Education files)
- Ensure the validity of visas for all students
- Produce certificates upon request
Departure File Management:
- Manage student departures: tracking, preparation, mailing of files to families, certificates of completion
- Update the student database
- Regular analysis of the departure survey
Internal and External Relationship Management:
- Be the central point of contact to onboard and welcome prospective and/or enrolling families (by phone and by appointment)
- Advise families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission process and other requirements, policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Perform campus visits in support of the Parent Relations Specialist
- Provide support for Open House (4 times/year) and Virtual Open House (4 times/year): welcome, tours, answers to Q&A, etc.
- Attend internal and external events (trade fairs, visits, etc.)
- Liaise with the various IFS departments: pedagogical secretariats, finance, GAIN, FLSCO, French Passerelle, IT and bookstores
- Discuss specific situations with the pedagogical leadership when necessary
Management of reporting related to its activity :
- Regularly report on student enrolment, re-enrollments and departures, and the demographics of IFS
- Follow-up of dashboard
- Respond to various surveys (AEFE, CPE)
Contribute to the continuous improvement of activity:
- Ensure that information and forms on the website are up to date.
- Identify and follow up on improvements to be made to Eduka to facilitate the proper management of enrolment, re-enrolment and departures (participate in the testing of the tools)
- Participate in the management of ad hoc continuous improvement projects as requested by management
SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIRED FORMATION
- Degree in secretarial, administrative assistance or equivalent, or experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in computer office software
- Knowledge of database management software (Eduka, CRM) would be a plus
- Proficiency in French and English required
- Have a good sense of organisation
- Demonstrate a high level of rigor and have a keen eye for detail and respect for procedures
- Demonstrate autonomy
- Ability to listen and relate to people
- Ability to communicate with a focus on client servicing
- Ability to work in a team and especially in pairs
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to manage stress during periods of increased activity (March-July)
- Knowledge of the French education system is a plus
- Permanent contract, based on full time 42 hours per week
- Remuneration according to the IFS salary scheme
- Eight weeks of annual leave during school holidays
- Medical insurance