Billing Specialist - French SpeakerDepartment:
Finance OperationsEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full TimeLocation:
Katarzyna PietrzykDescriptionAbout Us
The payments market is the most exciting technology market in the world today for good reason. McKinsey values it globally at over $2 trillion and it's growing between 13-15% year-on-year. Some of the largest most dynamic brands are investing in this sector; Apple has ApplePay, Google has GooglePay, Amazon has AmazonPay, and it's not just the Silicon Valley brands. Tencent owns WeChatPay, Alibaba owns Alipay and digital disruptors like Square, Stripe and Adyen all invest millions to grow the payments market.
Planet are a technology company that's transforming payments by putting the customer experience first. We help our customers deliver a better experience for guests, shoppers, and consumers everywhere. We operate in a market that continues to evolve and expand, partnering with the world's most prestigious brands across Retail and Hospitality, and with a network of Financial Services partners worldwide.
To meet consumer demands, payments must be simple, safe, and invisible. The only way to do this is to fully embed payments in the software and networks that runs business. By combining networks, software and payment technology, Planet's creating a world of connected commerce, that makes payments feel good.
We're growing organically, and with strong Private Equity investors, Advent International and Eurazeo, we've the financial capital and expertise to grow our capabilities and reach through acquisition. Finance overview:
The finance function within Planet has a mission to support and help drive the commercial growth of the business through business partnering and insightful management data. We are looking for talented team members who are:
- Analytical, data driven and curious about business performance drivers
- Focused on driving efficient and effective processes
- Comfortable in challenging and supporting business partners in achieving accelerated growth
You must be a French speaker to be considered for this role.
This person will report to a Settlement Manager and support functions for payment processing for Planet's acquiring business. Responsibilities for this role include being part of the accounting team and overseeing an organization's day-to-day financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card reconciliations and other specialized tasks. The role includes also overseeing billing operations and processes in order to ensure the collection of account balances. What you will do
Who you areYou must be a French speaker to be considered for this role.
- Process daily payment settlement and clearing transactions, prepare accounting settlement entries
- Maintain accuracy of accounting records and controls
- Liaise closely with Finance for any queries / audits
- Attention to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA's is paramount
- Manage collection efforts and associated functions, process accounts receivable transactions
- Overseeing billing operations and processes in order to ensure collection of account balances, billing for invoiced orders, and reviewing account discrepancies
- Work closely with Reconciliation team, Card Schemes and other business lines to resolve any settlement related incidents and to analyze various financial data
The successful candidate is a team player and independent problem-solver. You are curious and look to correct root causes to prevent future service and financial impact. You have a knack for numbers, are very outcome-oriented, and have strong prioritization skills. You have an excellent understanding of accounting practices and reconciliations. You are analytical, problem-solving, self-motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative.
- Strong organisational skills and strong attention to detail with a dedication to accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with collections, invoicing, and/or accounts receivable
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel
- Multi-lingual - English is required, other European languages (especially German) are desirable
Planet is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is valued, and all employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Come and grow your career in the most exciting, fast paced technology market, with a business that delivers feel-good connected commerce. We would love to hear from you - Apply now