About the opportunity
This position is one of the first touch-points that our customers and potential prospects will have with the Contentful brand. This role requires an energetic, organized, and motivated individual to research and understand the marketplace as well as how Contentful can help organizations drive digital transformation and best-in-class customer experiences. As a Business Development Representative, you will gain experience interacting with customers of all levels across a variety of industries. You will work closely with assigned Regional Sales Executives and supporting teams to hunt new business in the French Speaking Region.
Part of this unique opportunity includes attending our Contentful training program. This is a program that is focused on enabling future all-star sellers within our organization. This is a multi-step learning and skill development program with hands-on training. The program consists of multiple levels, which gives more responsibility and earning potential. What to expect?
What you need to be successful?
- Gain in-depth knowledge of customers, industry, Contentful's solution offerings
- Effectively manage campaigns and reach out to new prospects
- Lead generation activities including strategic research on LinkedIn, among other hunting tools and outbound prospecting, calling, emailing, and social outreach
- Book at least 1 sales appointment per day and input all activities in CRM
- Send weekly activity reports to sales leadership
- Collaborate with assigned Account Executives, handing off qualified prospects
- Educate AEs on the complete qualification meeting details (SLAs)
- Successfully meet or exceed opportunity and pipeline targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Build relationships with decision-makers and key executives in all industries and verticals
What's in it for you?
- 1+ years experience in sales, Lead Generation, Marketing, SaaS experience preferred
- Strong team player with a self-starter attitude
- Fluent English language skills are a must
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Enthusiastic, engaging communicator comfortable working with large groups
- Excellent demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- A positive outlook with a "scoreboard mentality" of wanting visible and measurable success
- Excellent listening skills and coachability
- Ability to stay flexible and productive in a fast-changing environment with multiple priorities
#LI-Hybrid #LI-KT1 Who are we?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time ! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life's challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Contentful is the leading
content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub
, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We're growing rapidly
and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people
from 70 nations
contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world. Everyone is welcome here! "Everyone is welcome here"
is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking "Apply for this job," I acknowledge that I have read the " Contentful's Candidate Privacy Notice ", and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.