CAT II French/Afar Linguist 06.13.23P
CAT II French/Afar Linguist - This is a 'pool' requisition. As we need French/Afar Linguists, we will contact candidates who apply to this position.
United States (US) Africa Command (AFRICOM), mission is to protect and defend the national security interests of the United States by strengthening the defense capabilities of African states and regional organizations and, when directed, conducts military operations, in order to deter and defeat transnational threats and to provide a security environment conducive to good governance and development.
Linguists that join this mission must be willing to live and work in austere environments and be ready to provide linguistic support in support of training local Somali military and police entities. Linguists may need to accompany the unit outside the wire on occasions to conduct operations.
• Secret clearance required
• Support assigned units up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
• Read, write, and speak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation in French, Afar and English at a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale.
• Linguists provide linguistic support in support of training local military and police entities.
• Linguists may accompany the unit outside the wire on occasion to conduct operations.
• Have the familiarity and ability to conduct oneself by the local culture and customs.
• Provide accurate, complete, and trusted interpretation and/or translation of data from a variety of Specified Contract Required Language(s) (SCRL) in support of customer's mission.
• Conducts consecutive, accurate interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
• Ability to serve in a combat zone and previous SOF experience is desirable.
• Ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress as required by SOF.
• Ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
About LIS Solutions, Inc.
LIS, a Woman Owned Small Business, was founded in 1994 as an advanced innovative language service provider. Since then we have organically expanded into Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Information Technology to support our customers with their rapidly evolving global enterprise-wide requirements.
Whether sources are hostile, friendly or neutral, it is LIS' mission to provide our customers with relevant and effective intelligence data that incorporates the full spectrum of the intelligence life cycle. LIS enhances our industry, government and military partners' situational awareness through the collection, exploitation, analysis and dissemination of source data.