About the role
The Hokodo Collections and Claims team are seeking a sharp, energetic and eager to learn individual who is keen to help us build out our Collections team. This role is a unique opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of digital financial services and build a well-rounded skill set while working within the wider Operations function and with other teams across Hokodo.
The Collections officer will gain valuable experience and have the opportunity to grow their career within Hokodo. You would help us improve our collections rate and deliver a world class customer experience.Location
We would like you to work from our office in Vilnius a couple of days per week, joining our team of dedicated professionals and making your mark on the world of B2B e-commerce.About Hokodo
We're an international and diverse team, based in London, Vilnius and Paris, working to modernise B2B payments.
What you'll be doing -
- Our B2B Buy Now, Pay Later solution enables merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly, resulting in a 40% average increase in revenue for integrated merchants.
- We are scaling rapidly across Western Europe, with a list of stellar clients and recently raised $40 million in Series B investment to support our mission of enabling 1 million businesses to access a better way to pay by 2025.
- Join us in our efforts, as we have already made good progress with 50,000+ businesses regularly using Hokodo, but need your support to take us to the next level!
If you get excited by the following, this is the role for you.
Who we're looking for -
- Collections & claims : Help manage collections, claims and recoveries processes for the French & UK debt portfolio, as part of the Collections team. Assisting in other European markets where required
- Negotiations: Arrange payment plans with customers who are in arrears and track adherence to payment plans using our Collections platform
- Proactivity & development : Identify and implement improvements to collections processes; Monitor the cases under collection and continuously improve collection rate; Provide feedback to your manager on improvements to our systems and opportunities for process automation teams effectively.
- Building strong relationships : Liaise with internal & external partners (such as the Debt Collections Agencies)
At Hokodo, we prioritise hiring individuals who share our mission and values, and possess the right attitudes and behaviours for success. While some of the listed requirements may be important, don't worry if you don't meet all of them, we'd still like to hear from you.
Nice to have:
- Debt collections: Experience in working in B2B or B2C debt collections preferred
- Customer service: Experience in delivering world class customer service. A desire to spend time with our customers, helping them with repayment issues
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills: Communicating effectively through email and phone on a daily basis. Comfortable in handling outbound calls and having difficult conversations
- Languages: Fluent in French and English
- Good negotiation skills: You are not afraid to negotiate and understand compromises in order to get the best resolution for the business
- Analytical: Strong attention to details & capacity to identify behaviour trends
- Behaviour: A self-motivated learner, always looking for ways to improve things, good work ethics and comfortable in a fast-paced and tech driven startup environment where change is constant.
- Other language: We're an international company and, as we expand, other languages help us to communicate (Spanish, Italian, German...).
What's in it for you?
- Intro, company fit and run through career history with the Talent team - 30-45 minutes on video call
- Technical, competency and team fit interview with the Hiring Manager - 30 minutes on video call
- Role play with the Head of Collections - 45 minutes on video call
- Final Interview with a team member and our VP of Operations - 30 minutes via video call or face to face
We're offering the chance to really make a difference to Hokodo and the wider B2B payments and e-commerce industry. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is massive. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued. You'll feel a part of a very special team.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including share options. Share Options Annual Learning and Development budget Globetrotter travel policy:
Spend up to 60 days abroad each calendar year Taking well being seriously:
Access to qualified therapist, confidentially via video or chat through Spill Yearly offsites and other company socials
previously, we have been to Malta & Majorca,
as well as regular meetups in London and Paris.Our values
Hokodo is more than a place to work. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
Don't tick all of the boxes? Neither do we.
- Own the Outcome - We're committed to our tasks, and take pride in the outcome. It's never "not my job". We are bold, we are brave, and we embrace change in all its forms.
- Trust and Build Trust - We are committed to earning and fostering trust through honest communication and deliberate actions. We support our team and value each other's time, input, and take local decisions where possible.
- Never Be Satisfied - We challenge the norms and act boldly, even if it means failing. We are reflective, always learn from our mistakes, and continuously seek feedback and ways to improve. When something's not quite right, we crave to fix it. We're open to being challenged, and challenge others openly.
- No Passion, No Point - We bring passion and energy to everything we do. We get a lot done, and we have a good time doing it. We take every opportunity to celebrate our hard work, our wins - and some of our failures too!
- Be Genuine (No BS) - We are truthful and honest in our actions. We embrace and respect our individuality and encourage people to speak their mind. We are transparent and committed to doing what's best for each other, our customers and our company. Put simply, we care.
We are driven by hiring not only by experience and relevance for the role but also our mission and values, and possess the right attitudes and behaviours for success. We celebrate anything 'outside of the box, so if you don't meet all of the listed tick box criteria, please do still apply as we'd love to hear from you.
The diversity of our team reflects the diversity of our community and customers. We not only welcome but celebrate diverse communities. We feel we have an empowering environment where everyone is supported and respected, and we want you to feel this too. We welcome new ideas, thinking and approaches and listen intently, and we are strongly committed to learning and improving on this as we grow.