• Promotes and monitors employees' compliance with the Puma Energy Code of Business Conduct and associated policies.
• Understand the compliance risks in the various areas of operation within the region.
• Is a part of the regional leadership team; supports the regional leadership in building a robust, compliant culture and the willingness of employees to raise issues and ask questions about the Code of Conduct.
• Role model the Puma Energy core values and ways of workingKnowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:Key Responsibilities:1. Help raise awareness of compliance and act as a custodian of:
The Puma Code of Conduct; and The compliance program and the Anti-Bribery Management system All policies, processes and tools developed by the function aimed at mitigating risks; Work closely with the business leaders to implement appropriate compliance procedures; Act as an adviser to all business managers on any Compliance and Ethics matters; Act as an adviser to all employees on Code related matters.2.Help promote and assess compliance with Puma employees as well as with 3rd parties:
Develop and provide training on all areas of Compliance and Ethics related laws and policies but in particular the Puma Code of Conduct and accompanying policies. Identify areas of need for additional training; Monitor understanding and completion of Compliance and Ethics focused courses and training; Visit countries in the portfolio, on a risk basis, to provide local support and assess the maturity of the Compliance and Ethics program on the ground.3.Understand the compliance risks in the various areas of operation within areas of coverage:
Assess that compliance risks are identified, prioritized and mitigated (including promoting awareness of legal requirements) as part of the organization's regular risk management processes; Inform the Global Head of Compliance and Ethics about these risks; and Work alongside the relevant parties to mitigate identified risks, including developing of additional compliance policies and processes specific to the region, if needed.4.Drive third party relationship management processes.
Support KYC due diligence and background checks of any agents, distributors, or other third-party intermediaries that are used by Puma in the region. Raise awareness of the third-party due diligence program, in the area of coverage.5. Raise awareness of and help promote an open reporting environment.
Encourage employees, leaders and 3rd parties to "Speak Up" about compliance issues using any means available, including line management, the Compliance function, Legal function, the human resources function, the Puma "speak up" line, and any other means.6.Investigation management.
Lead or assist in investigations of compliance related issues in areas of coverage or other Puma Energy locations, as may be required.7. External engagement.
Keep abreast of all relevant laws affecting Puma Energy's activities and the Code of Conduct and ensure that all employees are aware of such laws; Communicate updates to laws and news that would affect the areas of anti-corruption, export, import, and other areas as needed; Understand and follow internal and external reporting requirements; Liaise with external counterparts on Compliance- related matters (i.e. Banks, External Auditors and public regulators).
8. Report to the Global Head of Compliance and Ethics on all Compliance issues, whether they arise from new businesses, new regulations, or queries from employees.
9.Support on global projects, as may be required.
10.Model compliance behavior within his / her area of responsibility.SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:Mandatory Education:
- Bachelor degree in Law or Finance.
- Compliance qualification is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in either Compliance, Law or in a Finance auditing capacity.
- International experience
- Knowledge and experience of Compliance in the energy sector very desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of Trading Compliance very desirable;
- Knowledge of the region and its challenges.
- Strong personal and professional ethics and integrity;
- Ability to understand and communicate the business as well as the legal case for compliance within Puma Energy;
- Ability to influence and facilitate difficult conversations, as well as proven facilitation, communication and training skills;
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Resilient and determined;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong awareness and proactive management of compliance;
- Project management skills, to follow-through on the agreed risk mitigation plan.
Willingness to travelCompetencies:
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Result driven
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Excellent communication
- Working together
- Work hard
- Internal -Global Head of Compliance, Regional Heads of Compliance, Head of Africa, General Managers, Internal Audit, Legal, Credit and corporate functions.
- External - Regulators, if required, Compliance Forums.