Compliance Officer (French or Dutch Speaker) - Brussels, Belgium
Are you passionate about preventing money laundering and other criminal activity? Are you willing to be a part of a cutting-edge compliance team? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it's time to join Western Union as a Compliance Officer.Western Union powers your pursuit.
As a Compliance Officer, you will support Western Union Agents' efforts in implementing Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing, and Anti-Fraud policies and procedures. Also, you will evaluate how Western Union Agents incorporate compliance requirements and standards through conducting activity analysis, compliance reviews, and training sessions. If required, you will follow up with Agents to ensure compliance program gaps are eliminated and identified findings are remediated.Role Responsibilities
- Performing onsite and/or offsite AML/CTF/Anti-Fraud Compliance program reviews of new, and existing Agents of Western Union, and its affiliates.
- Providing support and training to Western Union Agents to implement an effective AML/CTF and anti-fraud Compliance program.
- Evaluating controls both internally and with our agent partners through analysis and supporting them in delivering compliance programs.
- Escalating compliance-related risk matters diligently and in a timely manner.
- Assisting your team in the overall development of AML programs, especially related to end-to-end process tasks and initiatives.
- Assisting department management with project-related activities and/or additional tasks based on business needs.
- Implementing policies and procedures and working closely with the global agent oversight and regional compliance teams which will help you achieve consistency.
- Submitting daily reports to the government portal.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
- You will have relevant experience within the AML or Compliance field.
- Fluency in English and French or Dutch languages (oral and written).
- In addition, we require you to have experience communicating with clients/customers (preferably face-to-face and/or via phone) and the ability to manage challenging situations.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand laws and regulations related to AML/CTF and Anti-Fraud policies and procedures.
- Traveling flexibility up to 40%, adjusted based on business needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work independently and have strong time management skills.
- Proficiency with all common Office programs such as: MS Excel, Word, Outlook (but not limited to). Understanding of appropriate regional and global Money Services Business (MSB) regulatory requirements, the Bank Secrecy Act, and their effect on our business will make you stand out.
- Driving license (valid in the EU) will be an advantage.
- Possession of Belgian ID card to fulfill regulatory reporting.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company -transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/.Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few
(https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your Belgium-specific benefits include:
- Life/Medical Cover
- Pension Plan
- Luncheon Vouchers
- Employee Recognition Program
- Headspace - Health and Wellness Programs
Western Union values in-person collaboration, learning, and ideation whenever possible. We believe this creates value through common ways of working and supports the execution of enterprise objectives which will ultimately help us achieve our strategic goals. By connecting face-to-face, we are better able to learn from our peers, problem-solve together, and innovate.
Our Hybrid Work Model categorizes each role into one of three categories. Western Union has determined the category of this role to be Hybrid. This is defined as a flexible working arrangement that enables employees to divide their time between working from home and working from an office location. The expectation is to work from the office a minimum of three days a week.
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.