Established in 1981 with a single store in the Northwest of England, the JD Group is a leading omni-channel retailer of Sports Fashion, Outdoors and Gyms with over 60,000 colleagues and over 3,400 stores across several retail fascias in over 30 markets around the world.
JD Sports Fashion Plc was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1996 and has been a FTSE100 publicly quoted company since 2019 and continues to grow in the UK and internationally.
We want to be the leading global omnichannel retailer in the sports and outdoor industry. To be a part of this successful company and help us to achieve this you will have the desire to ingrain our strategic goals of being a people-led, innovative and customer-focused organisation which provides operational excellence whilst identifying new areas of growth as part of our day to day objectives.
Role Description Role purpose and scope:
Positively represent the JD plc brand to our customers through multiple channels, by providing effective and efficient resolution's to customer queries. Responsibilities:
- Dealing with inbound contact, by various channels including phone, email, social media and live chat; to resolve product related questions, issues or complaints both pre and post order.
- Taking orders by phone and setting clear expectations on delivery timescales when processing telesales orders.
- Providing technical assistance to customers placing orders on the website.
- Provide assistance with product related questions, and helping our customers reach an informed decision on their purchases
- Communicating information about the company's products and services.
- Dealing with written communication through email and post, as well as general administrative duties.
- Accurately recording reasons for customer contacts.
- Actively encouraging feedback from customers and providing recommendations for improvement to your line manager.
- Constructively explaining processes and procedures when things occasionally don't go to plan.
Hours: Full time:
- Previous experience in a customer service role is desirable.
- You need to have the ability to remain calm and focussed when dealing with challenging situations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Being creative and forward thinking in suggesting alternative solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Understands the need for confidentiality and compliance with legislation.
- Open and adaptable to change, as a fast-growing business we are constantly developing and improving our systems so the ability to quickly adapt is a must.
- Flexible approach to working, as we need to cover a 24/7 operation.
- Can-do attitude, accountable even when something is outside area of responsibility
- Ability to provide good judgement, even in pressurised situations
- Is a self-starter and self-sufficient
- Excellent PC skills
- Excellent communicator
- Positive manner
- Competitive salary rising after 12 months depending on performance
- 40 hours per week
- Fully Flexible shifts: Between: 6:30am-8:00pm working 5 out of 7 days - one weekend in three. (8.5 hours per day).
*****Must be over 18*****
We know our employees work tirelessly to make JD Sports the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- 24 hour subsidised canteen
- Access to the staff shop with discounted employee pricing
- Casual dress
- Employee discount
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Hybrid/office working model - Subject to meeting performance criteria
- Continuous development opportunities
- Company pension
- On site parking
- Bus and tram links and just off the M62
- Learning and Development
- Recent Awards - 1st place - Ability to Attract, Develop and Retain top Talent, 1st place - Retail (Broadline & Home), 3rd Place - Most Admired Companies
Due to the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it takes time to review them all. If you don't hear back within two weeks of you applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applications that meet the skills criteria will be contacted for a 1st stage meeting with the talent team. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to interview with the hiring manager.
Thank you again for your time.