Overview***Candidates for this role must be able to speak French and English fluently***About Apptio
Apptio is the leading technology spend and value management company for financial and operational decisions across Information Technology (IT), multi-cloud FinOps, and product development. Apptio's mission is to deliver business value with every technology investment. Powered by Apptio's cloud platform and AI/ML data engine, Apptio's SaaS applications translate technology spend into clear business outcomes and financial ROI. Apptio applications deliver six key capabilities: cost transparency, actionable insights, planning and forecasting, usage and consumption, value management, and showback/chargeback. As a trusted leader in FinOps and Technology Business Management (TBM) with thousands of customers worldwide, Apptio empowers leaders to cut costs and redirect investments to digital innovation. For more information, please visit www.apptio.com.You:
We are looking for an organized, passionate individual with previous customer-facing experience. As an experienced professional in the SaaS industry as a Customer Success Manager (CSM), you will act as a member of our CSM team who maintain a portfolio of customers across the EMEA region. You will bring your experience leading customers out of deployments and on to broad scale usage, managing the risks associated with successful adoption to secure renewals. You will be comfortable working independently across all levels within the organization, along with an appreciation of the demands of working within either IT or finance disciplines. The successful candidate will be able to adapt with a fast-moving organization and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, should be outcome focused and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and soft skills.Us:
The CS Apptio team is growing and we need a CSM to work alongside existing CS resources and the wider team based across EMEA to serve customers across the region. This position is part of Apptio's European Customer Success team and will be based in our office in London to support, retain and grow our customer base across EMEA. The nature of the role requires someone willing and capable of working independently and autonomously to build the customer and Partner relationships necessary to be successful. As a growing and evolving organization, Apptio is looking for someone who is able to bring experience, tenacity, and creativity in equal measure to drive success in the region. Our strength lies on our ability to collaborate; we challenge and encourage each other to think outside the box and come up with new ideas to improve Customer Success Management (CSM) workflow processes, to drive wildly successful customersResponsibilities
- Maintain a portfolio of customers as a CSM: using success planning techniques, work closely with customers to understand and drive outcomes from use cases; monitor and track usage of all Apptio applications; identify and react to adoption risk, both in terms of threats and opportunities; build, agree, then coach customers to deliver against their success plans to ensure achievement of roadmap targets. Serve as liaison between our customers and various Apptio teams to ensure that needs / requirements critical to customer success are understood and effectively communicated, including gathering customer product feedback to shape product roadmap development
- Develop strong customer relationships: proactively engage with customers across both operational and management positions to promote their Apptio solution and showcase value back to them; understand the customer business and empathize with their circumstances in order build a relationship as a trusted advisor and foster deep trust
- Act as a Technology Business Management (TBM) domain expert: learn TBM and SAFe processes and different Apptio product offerings to understand how these should be leveraged to provide business value; provide business acumen for customers and strive to understand the business problems Apptio can solve in order to best manage the evolution of the customer solution and exceed their expectations, drive user adoption across the customer organizations by understanding their specific challenges and helping them to operationalize and realize benefit from their deployed TBM solution, specifically around Enterprise Agile Planning solutions
- Serve as Apptio coach and expert: provide product knowledge and expertise as it relates to customer needs; position and run workshops as appropriate to elicit and evolve customer use cases and roadmap; coach customer TBM teams on best practices, reference examples across your portfolio, and leverage your Apptio internal network to guide and mentor customer to achieve their goals
- Program manage the path to success: understand and document customer process workflows that apply to TBM and implement strategies that integrate Apptio to those processes, develop and maintain customer roadmaps and success plans in collaboration with the customer to ensure alignment of the Apptio solution and TBM program against customer business objectives; ensure all relevant metrics are reflective of customer health and ensure stakeholders are aware of their status; develop plans to mitigate risks and seize opportunities
- Coordinate with the Account Management Function: working alongside Account Managers to ensure alignment with the efforts of the Account Management team to maximize retention, adoption and customer satisfaction; periodically engage directly in the sales process, specifically within existing accounts
- Maintain Domain and Product Knowledge: strong self-starter with the ability to build a network within Apptio and your assigned portfolio of customers, understand the business and technical problems the Apptio solution addresses; stay current on product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features, and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical problems; collaborate with product management and development functions to channel client feedback and enhancements as appropriate
- Candidates must have a B.A. or B.S., ideally in a technology, engineering or business-related discipline, with most successful candidates having 3+ years as a CSM or Technical Account Manager role in a SaaS organization
- Proven experience in B2B SaaS environment delivering against operational metrics focused on outcomes and value, adoption and renewal, upsell and expansion, and professional services
- Capable influencer with proven ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels within Enterprise customers
- Proven experience managing a demanding portfolio of customers, driving customer value and adoption through use case elicitation and roadmap execution
- Proven experience identifying and addressing adoption risks and opportunities
- Scrappy, creative and hands on - willing to personally jump in and help manage customers, address challenges, seek win-win outcomes etc.
- Team player who will innovate to continue improving the way Apptio serves its customers
- Excellent organization, program/project /time management and communication skills
- Must speak fluent English and French with any additional languages considered a distinct benefit
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience within IT Finance and/or Technology departments, including Digital or Agile teams
- Experience with analytics and big data insights
- Experience positioning or selling software and/or services within software industry
- One or more of the following knowledge areas is a plus:
- PMP and/or Agile Methodology certification or relevant experience
- Apptio product knowledge
- TBM related certification(s)
- FinOps certification
- AWS/Azure/GCP practitioner certification
Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.