As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 60 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners.Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
Within Wealth Management we offer an objective long-term perspective on investing, structuring and safeguarding assets, to preserve and grow our clients' wealth.
We provide a comprehensive range of Wealth Management services to some of the world's wealthiest and most successful families, entrepreneurs, foundations and charities. In an environment where short-term thinking often dominates, our long-term perspective sets us apart. We believe preservation-first is the right approach to managing wealth.Overview of Role
Skills and Qualifications Required
- The Group Credit team is responsible for overseeing and reporting on the overall level of lending exposure across the Group. The overall c€6bn lending exposure consists primarily of secured private client lending, for clients of the Wealth Management businesses, carried out in the UK, Channel Islands, France and Switzerland.
- This role involves collating data and preparing monthly and quarterly reports on the Group's total lending exposure for various Group boards and committees.
- Assisting the Group Head of Banking, the Head of Private Client Lending and other senior management with analysis and presentations.
- Working with the Director in Group Credit responsible for overseeing the Group's investment in a range of funds managed by our Merchant Banking business.
- Assisting our lending teams in the UK, Channel Islands, France and Switzerland with regular quarterly reporting for internal presentations.
- Special projects as required.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive hands-on-approach with the willingness to be adaptable and flexible when needed
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets
Organisational and Operational
- Energetic, self-starter, highly structured and organised
- Able to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Able to think laterally
- Reliable, conscientious, and high level of professional integrity
- Understands the need for discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional manner; ability to articulate complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain relationships with key parties
- French language skills would be an advantage
Technology and Database Management
- Very strong IT skills to include advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong proven ability to work with large datasets and manipulate data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of PowerQuery preferred
Our goal is to have a balanced, inclusive and flexible environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations, and to ensure that Rothschild & Co provides longer term opportunities for talent.