As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 60 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners.Job Title:
Devops Engineer (Fluency in French & English is essential)Division:
LondonRothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is a leading global financial services group with seven generations of family control and a history of over 200 years at the centre of the world's financial markets.
Our expertise, intellectual capital and global network enable us to provide a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients, communities and planet.
We have 4,200 talented specialists on the ground in over 40 countries around the world, enabling us to deliver a unique global perspective across four market-leading business divisions - Global Advisory, Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking.
As a family-controlled business built on relationships, we place a huge emphasis on our people and finding the right colleagues to take our business forward.
Rothschild & Co is committed to an inclusive and supportive environment where diversity and different perspectives are valued. We are focused on the attraction and recruitment, development and retention and progression of high calibre talent to ensure we and our clients benefit from the value of difference. IT Department
The Group's IT Department (~200p) has outsourced to HCL the management of infrastructure and workstation services but has kept the management of business applications in-house (Business Apps, Core Banking and DevOps), relying on teams based mainly in Paris, London and Zurich.
IT teams, agents of change and innovation, evolve in a rich functional and technological context.
The IT Business Applications department delivers applications and services that meet the needs of the business to the agreed standards and service levels. From a technical view point all applications are owned by the department from selection, implementation, service delivery, upgrades, application support and maintenance through to final decommissioning.Overview of Role
Please note for this position it is essential you are fluent in French and English. You will support the UK Business Apps teams in charge of projects and application maintenance in the IS integration phase by participating in the definition of the technical architecture, the necessary environments and the software components.
You will be responsible for the delivery of technical components in relation to all the players in the IT department :
- Project management : to receive and deploy the deliverables
- Project ownership : to launch the application acceptance and plan the deployment in Production
- OPS for managing applications in Production
- INFRA (external) to set up the environments
Out of scope tasks
- Management of outsourced teams in charge of packaging business applications
- Management of Azure DevOps (creation of packaging chains, deployment, management of .Net projects, rest management and knowledge of GitFlow)
- Management of the Group scheduler (Visual Cron)
- Receiving and deploying application deliverables, putting them into production
- Configuration and provision of application environments (TEST/UAT/PROD)
- Setting up access (Windows application accounts)
- Technical acceptance and/or debugging of delivered components
- Drafting of deployment guides, operating guides and training support
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- User support (L1 & L2)
- Functional testing
- You are able to assemble and operate the various technical components of a software solution.
- You have acquired knowledge in .NET development (C#, VB.Net), powershell / scripting and SQL (Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI) allowing you to challenge our development partners, specify the Group's best practices, deploy and integrate their deliverables and investigate in case of incident.
- You are familiar with DevOps and AML concepts. You have a very good knowledge of Azure DevOps (and particularly Azure Pipelines and Azure Repos / Git) and the Azure cloud.
- You have a good knowledge of Windows Server 2016 / 2019 environments: operating systems, access management, IIS 7 to 8, ActiveDirectory).
- You know how a scheduler works.
- Not required, but knowledge of the financial sector appreciated.
- Fluent in both English and French in order to exchange with French team
- Travel within France will take place
- Sense of service, availability, ease of communication with the various people mentioned.
- Autonomy, curiosity, proactivity and tenacity.
- Rigour, method and logic.
- Bachelor degree with at least 5 years of experience
Our goal is to have a balanced, inclusive and flexible environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations, and to ensure that Rothschild & Co provides longer term opportunities for talent.