We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. Job Title & Job Code:
ISR Documentation Engineer, EN-IM-10Purpose of the Job:
Preparation and/or Translation of the Technical contents and Illustrations for Operation and Maintenance Manual that includes Maintenance Manual, Parts Catalogue, Troubleshooting Manuals, Driver Operation manual, etc in FRENCH LanguageFrench Requirement:
French language proficiency - B2 level & above requiredOrganization Structure:
Network & Links:
- Reports to: ISR Documentation Domain Lead
- Direct Reports: Authoring Writers. Illustrators.
- Other Reporting (if any): ISR COE
Responsibilities & Accountabilities in French:
- Project Manager
- LSA Manager
- ISR Manager
- Subcontractors (Training activities)
- The ISR Documentation Engineer is responsible for the creation/updates of O&M that includes Maintenance Manual, Parts Catalogue, Troubleshooting Manuals, Driver Operation manual, etc
- Definition of the maintenance Documentation maintenance PLAN.
- The QCD of the maintenance Documentation Project.
- Production of the Maintenance Documentation with respect of objective defined in the Documentation management PLAN or ISR Management PLAN.
- Capitalization of data and all input related to the maintenance Documentation in central ISR repository (ILS PDM)
- Define and implement organization and key processes, to provide the best quality of the documentation which must be delivered with respect to QCD targets and ISR Management PLAN objective.
- Ensure that Maintenance Documentation is published using Alstom standard Method &Tools standard (Electronic Catalogue)
- Assures efficient parts codification in line with Platform rules: materials identification, codification process, interfaces with Alstom systems, quality and normative requirements.
- Manage Partner involved in authoring activities.
- Ensure REX is collected and considered for reuse purpose.
- Manage Definition of Documentation Breakdown Structure in consistency with the Logistic Breakdown Structure.
- Manage relationship with LSA Manager for production of maintenance documentation on element candidate to maintenance activities.
- Ensure Documentation database (ILS PDM) is defined and completed correctly
Experience & Requirements:Experience of 2-5 years in French technical writing and translation
- Mandatory: Engineering University Degree or equivalent
- Desirable: Maintenance Documentation specialization
1. Should have excellent communication skills in written & oral in French and English languages to work closely with French speaking design engineers to research and understand technical information about the product to write/revise technical manuals for Train maintenance.
2. Experience in Technical documentation in preparing the content and Illustration for Operation and Maintenance manuals, Parts Catalogue, etc both in French as well as in English.
3. Exposure to Technical documentation standards such as S1000D, STE would be an added advantage.
4. Experience to work in Arbor text editor, Adobe Illustrator, Isodraw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Frame maker and CAD tools is preferred.
5. Experience with Rail/Transportation domain is preferable.
6. To meet the documentation deliverables on time with good quality.
7. Should work as an author and Illustrator as and when required.
8. To meet the deliverables as per the contract requirements.
9. To coordinate the documentation management activities.
10. To interface with various stake holders as per the project requirements.Competencies & Skills:
- English and French Fluent - Good Level
- Standard knowledge of the main ISR Elements applicable to Railroad equipment (RAMS, LORA, RCM, LCC)
- Communication skills
- Technically competent
- Solid decision making and critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Strong team player
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.