Kïdo are looking for a fantastic French Teacher and Nursery Assistant. The starting annual salary is £10-12ph.
Kïdo are a network of innovative international nurseries with settings across India, USA and the UK. We run 13, soon to be 14, Good and Outstanding nurseries in and around London. We fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner approaches and combine them with beautiful modern learning spaces and 21st century technology.
We create magical and engaging learning spaces infused with cutting edge pedagogy which are brought to life by great teachers who nurture and enhance every child's innate curiosity, creativity and ability to be a lifelong learner. Our vision is to create a truly modern Early Years environment that meets the needs of both children and their parents, and to offer the most solid foundation in those important first years. As part of our curriculum we offer additional languages, evidence shows that multilingual children have better problem-solving skills. We want to be able to promote inclusion and different cultures in our nurseries and preschools.
Visit our Website: https://kidoschools.com/uk/uk-careers/Job Summary:
As a Kïdo French Teacher your primary role will be to provide children with a safe and secure learning environment in French.
- French classes are 30-45 minutes long
- Emphasis is placed on developing social communication skills in French, by conducting social activities such as snack time, lunch time or part of the free play time in French.
- Planning, assessing, organising and delivering French activities and creating customised learning experiences for a group of children aged between three (3) months and five (5) years old.
- Involving children actively in their own learning
- Empowering children to feel responsible and to act
- Teaching songs and rhymes, reads stories and organises various activities to promote language, social and physical development
- Being part of the team, daily routine and support as a Nursery Assistant when not providing French Lessons
- Fluent French Speaker
- Experience working with children under the age of 5 preferred
- Salary £10-12ph experience dependant with full and part time roles available!
- Opportunity for excellent long-term career development in a fast-growing international company
- You get 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing each year
- You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
- Discounted childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries (terms and conditions apply)
- Annual performance related pay reviews
- Company awards and celebrations twice a year
- Access to a health care cash plan
- £500 refer a friend bonus for employees recommending Kïdo
- Hastee - Through the hastee app you can access pay as you earn as well as support with your financial literacy and savings
- Perkbox account with access to many discounts and offers, including mindfulness, meditation, and fitness apps for you to access in the comfort of your own home!
- Access to our wellness hub with fitness classes and tips from lifestyle experts
- Access to our 24/7 employee assistance programme including free structured confidential counselling sessions
- Cycle to work scheme - this scheme means that you can buy a bike and accessories through Kido. You can spread the costs, make tax savings, get fit and also save money on your normal commute!
*REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT 1974:
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are 'protected'. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website or see here.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure & Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed.
*If you are unsure whether you need to disclose criminal information, you should seek legal advice or you may wish to contact Nacro or Unlock for impartial advice. There is more information on filtering and protected offences on the Ministry of Justice website.
Unlock -http://hub.unlock.org.uk/contact/ phone 01634 247350 text 07824 113848
* Kido is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Kido will ensure that our recruitment procedures meet the standards set out in our safer recruitment policy (available upon request) and our selection criteria prevents unsuitable people from gaining access to children. As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care successful candidates are expected to undergo pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS and barred lists check. * All applications will be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010