We are SGS - the world's leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected worldWe are SGS - the world's leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected worldJob Description
- The incumbent shall be responsible for performing tasks within the Order to Cash process (Accounts Receivable), as well as involvement in the Month End Closing process and some other specific accounting activities.
- Performance should meet the requirements defined in the SLA/KPI's applicable for the role.
- Booking and allocation of payments received from clients.
- Assist with revenue downloading and reconciliation with invoicing system.
- Correct booking of money collected through petty cash.
- Follow up on unapplied and unidentified payments from clients.
- Correct treatment of COD (Cash on Delivery) accounts.
- Ensure Credit Notes and Invoices are properly offset.
- Create direct debits in the system and send them to the bank.
- Liaise with Collections Team the allocation of payments and any other inquiries if needed.
- Cooperate with Collections Team based in country / affiliate.
- Process outstanding transactions related to Accounts Receivable pending on the bank reconciliation.
- Responding to inquiries from business / customers and resolve issues.
- Perform AR reconciliations.
- Assist with AR sub-ledger close process and other Month End activities (Bad debt provision, Unbilled Revenue, WIP)
- Ensure monthly checklists are completed by the month end and signed off by Senior Accountant / Team Leader.
- Ensure monthly account schedules are prepared by finance team and signed off.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned to by the Team Lead and or Finance Hub Manager from time to time.
- Ensure that work carried out meets the requirements of the Group Integrity and Confidentiality standards and procedures.
- University Degree (Finance & Accounting) from a recognized University.
- Proficiency in French (speaking, reading and writing).
- Professional certificate from any of the recognized accounting bodies (CPA, ACCA etc)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in relevant finance function.
- Ability to adapt quickly and demonstrate flexibility.
- Able to work independently and a strong team player.
- Customer service oriented.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive learning attitude and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial System would be an advantage.
- Good leadership skills and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Should be computer literate and have excellent communication skills with high level of written and verbal English.
Please note that SGS does not solicit for funds for any of its vacancies.