Swiss French Localisation Specialist
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PURPOSE OF JOB
You will ensure that our clients, customers, and coworkers have a Swiss-native experience across all our platforms. You will ensure that all content and communications align with our tone of voice across all channels and follow all our guidelines.
You will also perform quality control tasks and on-demand translation tasks, take on linguistic lead functions on assigned projects; coordinate the activities of a group of translators for assigned accounts or projects, train and develop freelancers, and ensure that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level; ensures that the Language Process is being followed by the project/account team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build and manage the localisation pipeline in close collaboration with country-level stakeholders such as Market Support, Digital, People & Culture, as well as the global localisation team.
• Manage localisation and translation projects end to end, setting stakeholder expectations while ensuring timely delivery of high-quality content.
• Support the on-boarding of global recommended localisation vendors, together with procurement, and review their performance on a quarterly basis or as required.
• Work with localisation vendors on a daily basis to ensure their continuous development, timely delivery of projects, as well as high-quality work.
• Be the primary point of localisation knowledge in the country, advising on best practices, processes, budgeting, and planning, and be responsible for linguistic assets such as glossaries, terminologies, etc.
• Work closely with local content creation teams to create web, sales, communication, and social media content that is appealing to customers by providing input from a linguistic perspective, while driving consistency with global content.
• Conduct linguistic quality assurance and consult with subject matter experts when necessary.
• Consolidate and provide linguistic feedback to the translators/translation vendors to educate them on clients' tone of voice and also mediate in cases of conflict on quality discussions.
• Liaise with the global localisation team to ensure consistency of approach, to define and implement quality frameworks, and to input on process improvements, budget planning, and future localisation roadmap and strategy.
• Translate and/or edit user interface, communication, PR, Web, social media, and marketing materials for urgent and special requests, which can't be outsourced.
• Extensive knowledge of project management, including budget management, workflow optimization, stakeholder liaison, and vendor management.
• Extensive knowledge of translation systems, techniques, and tools.
• Deep linguistic knowledge of the Swiss language, including editing and proofreading, and excellent written and spoken proficiency in the English language.
• Extensive knowledge of the impact language can have on digital user experience.
• Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization.
• Understanding of how to leverage communication to enable better business outcomes, today and tomorrow.
• Understanding of localization/communication trends and the ability to turn them into effective communication
• Demonstrates excellent leadership and influencing skills
• Ability to work with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to create the best possible experience for our customers
• Ability to understand the diversity of the market to add value both in the business and the functional competence dimension
• Directs effort to achieve long-term business objectives and outcomes
• Minimum 2 years of project management experience including budget management, workflow optimization, and stakeholder management
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on localization experience working on online translation software, Computer Assisted Translation tools, and Translation management systems (e.g. SDL Worldserver, Smartling, Memsource, MemoQ etc) is a must
• Proven advanced training in the linguistic field; (bachelor's degree minimum)
• Proven experience in adapting content for search engine optimization, social media content production, audiovisual localization, and knowledge of machine translation software
• Strong communication and influencing skills in English and Swiss (spoken and written)
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel, InDesign, HTML, and other web-based tools is a must
• Experience working on localisation vendor side would be a plus.