Requisition ID 33909 Office Country United Kingdom Office City London Division Office of the Secretary General Contract Type Short Term Contract Length 03 months Posting End Date 31/10/2023 This role is for 14 weeks - 19th February 2024 - 24th May 2024 Purpose of Job
To support the Bank's needs for communication on official, operational and institutional matters in French (one of its four working languages). The role also ensures the systematic and efficient management and monitoring of translation requests, using outsourced and in-house translators, and supporting the French translation of flagship publications. In addition, the Officer, French Language provides support to the French Reviser in managing the workload of the French section and in ensuring that the French translations meet the quality and timeliness standards required by the Bank. Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- For the Annual and Financial Reports, assists with the organisation and scheduling of the French translation, working with the AR coordinator, French translators and proofreaders
- Organises the outsourcing of French Section translations, under instruction from the French Reviser, identifying the appropriate translator and negotiating with external translators and clients as necessary to ensure requests are met in a high-quality, timely and cost-effective manner
- Provides external translators with relevant reference material.
- Incorporates revisions made by French Reviser into translations done externally, checks and formats translations done by external translators, as directed by the French Reviser, ensuring that the Bank's editorial standards are met.
- Processes mailings to French-speaking Governors and Alternates
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
- Native French speaker with a proven experience in the professional use of a high standard of French
- Excellent written French and English
- Proven professional oral communication and negotiation skills, including with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience working with large documents, with a focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong customer relations skills
- Highly skilled in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in the field of translation or publications is desirable
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.