Blackline Safety's Technical support team is growing and needs strong bilingual candidates to join our team.
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products. We offer the broadest and most complete portfolio available in the industry. Our products are designed to save lives and we monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, complex indoor facilities, and the remote reaches of our planet. Blackline's products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs, and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our design, development, sales, marketing, support, and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly traded company (TSX: BLN)Who are you?
You believe in a customer-focused company and want to be part of a team that provides world-class customer experiences. By 'Going the extra mile' you support your team to produce high-quality results to ensure our customers are safe. Innovation is part of your DNA and drives you to find solutions to everyday challenges. You are resilient and do not shy away from new or changing priorities. Your logical approach contributes to meeting our service level by overcoming obstacles quickly and with integrity. You demonstrate leadership with your positive attitude and desire to contribute to Blackline Safety's success in every detail of your day. What you will do.
- Provide technical support to Blackline's customers and to internal teams for our cloud-based proprietary solution.
- You will troubleshoot a wide variety of complex hardware, software, and firmware issues in a 24/7 business operation
- Conduct analysis of our device data using our analytics tools to identify the correct path for troubleshooting
- Investigate network and connectivity issues
- Isolate potential hardware failures and software issues for our wirelessly connected safety products
- Resolve all customer concerns via e-mail, phone, and chat to meet technical support service levels
- Recognise technical problems and trends and escalate issues to internal support groups
- Process RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) requests into our ERP system with accuracy
- Assist our internal teams by providing technical information about our products
- Make recommendations for operating improvements
- Ensure the privacy of customer data through various validation and verification methods
- Configure customer life-saving devices using our proprietary portal
Considered an Asset:
- Degree educated in a technology field.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical support capacity
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and applied logic for problem solving
- Experience with a case ticketing system and technical escalation protocols
- Knowledge of PowerBI or other analytics tools for analysis and trouble shooting
- Proven track record supporting multiple technologies on various platforms
- You may have experience in an instrumentation environment
- Passionate technologist, eager to explore new skills and technology
- You demonstrate advanced verbal and written business communication skills that are clear, concise, courteous, and professional
- Organised, detail-oriented, and possess a high level of accuracy in your work
- A team player who offers solutions and ideas to continually improve the business
- You are curious and proactive in your approach to understanding customer issues
- You possess strong business acumen and use a logical approach when faced with a problem
- A go-getter with a positive attitude, wanting to make a difference within your team
- You can adapt to uncertain situations and change of priorities with ease
- You are excited by our growth and want to excel in your career
- A professional that is committed to supporting safety and takes seriously the role of Blackline in protecting our customers
- Technologist Diploma (EET, MET, IET, CMT)
- Electronics knowledge and experience
- Experience in the oil and gas industry with knowledge of gas detection
- Experience in technologist or instrumentation environment
As a global 24-hour, 7 day a week technical support team, 2nd and multiple language skills are desired.
- English (Mandatory)
- French, Italian (One is Manadatory)
- Other languages (Desirable)
- We provide 24 hours, 7 days per week coverage to our internal and external customers
- Training will be provided and will take place Monday-Friday in 8-hour shifts between the hours of 8.00 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- After training standard UK office hours of 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. or equivalent in your time zone. Hours are subject to change as we grow and based on business requirements.
- Ideally candidates will work out of our Colchester, UK office in a Hybrid work schedule.
- Consideration for a remote working arrangement will be made depending on candidate's geographic location for desirable language skills. Periodic travel to our Colchester or France office will be required for team events, in-person training and company sponsored initiatives.
Blackline Safety is a technology leader driving innovation in the industrial workforce through IoT (Internet of Things). With connected safety devices and predictive analytics, Blackline enables companies to drive towards zero safety incidents and improved operational performance. Blackline provides wearable devices, personal and area gas monitoring, cloud-connected software and data analytics to meet demanding safety challenges and enhance overall productivity for organizations with coverage in more than 100 countries. Armed with cellular and satellite connectivity, Blackline provide a lifeline to tens of thousands of people, having reported over 185 billion data-points and initiated over five million emergency alerts. For more information, visit BlacklineSafety.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Blackline Safety is powered by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on exciting projects!