TMT/IP Lawyer (French speaking or Bilingual)
We are looking for a Lawyer for our TMT/IP practice group in Brussels.
Looking for a new challenge in a core legal area in Brussels? Are you passionate about law and technology? Would you like to look for legal solutions to the challenges raised by innovation in our modern society? Do you want to join a top-tier team working on cutting edge matters for the most prominent companies in the world?
Who are we?
Linklaters is a leading global law firm which specialises in advising the world's top companies on their most challenging projects. With offices in major business and financial centres, we deliver an outstanding service to our clients anywhere in the world.
Our Belgian IT and data protection practice covers all aspects of information and communication technologies, including sourcing and other related projects, data protection, cybersecurity, telecoms and e-business. We are also at the forefront of innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, FinTech and InsurTech, etc. The team works on a fully international basis, providing advisory, transactional and dispute resolution related assistance to multinationals on complex deals, projects and litigations in a large variety of industry sectors, in Belgium, across the EU and the rest of the world.
What do we offer?
The position implies first-hand contacts with the legal, IT, security and operational units of our clients, and requires thinking out of the box to resolve issues often in unexplored legal areas with a strong client focus and commitment.
The team work seamlessly across jurisdictions (with a coverage of more than 100 countries to date) and practice areas (hand in hand with our corporate and finance, employment, competition and dispute resolution teams, among others) to offer an integrated and efficient service and provide our clients with comprehensive and pragmatic guidance fully adapted to their needs.
The business a law firm operates in is a people business. That is why we will provide you with state-of-the-art training on a practice, local and global levels both on technical legal and on "soft" skills (e.g. presentation skills and business development skills).
What do we expect?
• We are looking for a bright confident lawyer with at least 1 to 3 years of experience and a keen interest in high-tech related legal matters on a global scale.
• You have French as your mother tongue and an excellent command of English, with at least a passive knowledge of Dutch.
• You have a first-class law degree, possibly combined with additional education or professional experience abroad or a postgraduate degree in the IT and/or data protection law field.
• You are enthusiastic, pragmatic and solution-driven.
• You are a team player and have the ability to operate throughout complexity and a constantly changing legal and operational environment staying focused on best outcomes and client satisfaction.
• You are curious and creative to challenge what the future looks like, and would like to join a team that is working hard but in a fun atmosphere, that is always striving to excellence and that is at the cutting edge of the legal market, both locally and globally.
The firm operates as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on the merit, irrespective of gender, race or ethnicity, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We are fully equipped to work remotely while our office offers all facilities, making it accessible to anyone with reduced mobility.
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.