Omni Calculator exists to give you a superpower - to see the world through the lens of science. We built 3000+ custom calculators that take only seconds to use and give you the numbers you need.
Our calculators clock over 15 million visits per month and have been covered in media outlets such as The New York Times, The Guardian, and National Geographic.
Omni Calculator is looking for translators and scientific content creators who are native speakers of one of French.
As a translator and content writer at Omni, you will be responsible for translating calculators
and localizing our existing calculators for users from non-English speaking countries. A part of your job will also be about creating calculators from the idea until the final product. You will choose your topic, research it, and propose the most optimal tool that helps our users.
What will you do at Omni Calculator?
- Mainly, you'll translate our articles accompanying calculators into French. We expect it to be around 2/3 of your work time.
- Creating new calculators in English
- Research problems in your area of expertise (online sources, scientific articles)
- Build calculators for these problems (the building process is fairly easy to learn and involves basic coding)
- Choose keywords to optimize your text around
- Write high-quality texts for various target groups
- Participate in ongoing projects, e.g., cooperate with the science communications team to create calculators about recent newsworthy topics.
- In the future: create new calculators for local markets
- Native speaker of one of French. Native speakers are preferred, but the C1-C2 level is also satisfactory.
- Excellent written English skills (C1 level, we don't need the actual certificate).
- A certain degree of expertise in your area (physics, mathematics, finance, health, or science in general).
- An ability to write engaging texts for both laymen and advanced readers in your area of expertise.
- Good self-organization and time management skills.
- Meticulousness, attention to detail,
- Critical thinking, research skills
- An ability to commit to at least 16 hours of work per week (preferably more)
Nice to have (but not required)
- Cultural knowledge - to understand cultural and linguistic nuances of both the source and target languages.
- Experience with translations
- Content writing and SEO experience.
- Experience in popularizing science, teaching, etc.
- Unique interests that can be turned into calculators :D
- Flexible working schedule and ability to work fully remotely.
- A multisport card (if you're in Poland).
- Private med care (if you're in Poland).
- OmniLearns - Language courses
- An international team of above-average smart people fascinated by science and technology
Salary & Employment
The base salary is 4600-5400 gross PLN, depending on your experience, academic degree, and the type of contract. This amount is for a full-time engagement (168 h per month), proportionally less if you work part-time. This salary is for residents of Poland. Your salary will be adjusted to the cost of living in your country of residence (from -10% up to 60% more). If you live outside of Poland, you will need to be able to send us an invoice.
- Review of your application and answers from the application form
- Interview with a recruiter and the hiring manager (60 minutes)
- Language check- a short call to verify your language skills (optional)
- "Translation & calculator test" - you will be asked to create 2 calculators and translate 2 texts in a fixed time (you will be paid for the tasks that you deliver)
By sending us your application, you confirm that you have read and understood the information below about processing your personal data provided for the purpose of the recruitment process by Omni Calculator sp. z o.o., with its registered office at Mikołajska 13/42, Krakow, Poland.
Information on the processing of personal data for the recruitment process participant
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The controller of your personal data is us, i.e., Omni Calculator sp. z o.o., with its registered office at Mikołajska 13/42, Krakow, Poland.
You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the purpose of processing your data?
We process your personal data to assess your qualifications to provide services or work for our company, assess your abilities and skills needed to perform services or work and choose the proper person to work with us or provide services to us. We process your data in order to participate in an individual recruitment process or in order to participate in future recruitment processes, provided that you give us additional consent by selecting a voluntary checkbox.
On what legal basis do we process your data?
The lawful basis for processing your personal data is article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, which relates to processing necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request before entering a contract.
If you provide us with more data than is required to fulfill the purpose of the processing, the lawful basis for processing is article 6(1)(a), which relates to your consent expressed by providing us with additional data.
The lawful basis for processing your personal data for the purpose of future recruitment processes is article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, which relates to the processing on the ground of consent expressed by selecting the optional checkbox.
How long do we process your data?
Most of our advertisements concern positions for which we are constantly recruiting. The selection of a given candidate does not close the recruitment process. In these cases, we process your personal data for the time necessary to select the best candidate, but no longer than 12 months from receiving your application.
If you give your voluntary consent to the processing of your personal data in order to participate in future recruitment processes, we will process your data no longer than until it is withdrawn. You can withdraw your consent by sending us a message to the following address: email@example.com.