Accounts Assistant - French SpeakerLocation:
Blackburn, BB1 2FA - Office BasedContract:
Full-Time Hours / PermanentSalary:
£20,000 - £25,000 Dependent on experience & Bonus SchemeCompany:
EG GroupAbout the Role...
Our Transactional Shared Services team is expanding, and we have an exciting opportunity available for a French speaking Accounts Assistant! In this role, you play a key part in ensuring a smooth end-to-end sales process for the organisation. Your efforts will contribute towards our wider finance strategy and will be an essential part of how we operate our business.
This is a fast paced and forward-thinking position and the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term finance career within a successful, expanding corporate enterprise. The successful candidate will be mentored and developed in their role and will need to use their initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines.Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring the end-to-end cash process & investigating any discrepancies in between
- Daily importing of cash processing reports onto SAP
- Communicating and documenting discrepancy + forgery reports
- Posting of debtors invoices and credit notes and allocation of cash receipts to customer accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of cash and card GL's - Involves writing off within a certain threshold and investigating outside of that threshold
- Posting ad hoc journals when appropriate
- Missing sales monitoring, escalation and resolution
- Upload fuel sales, shop sales and investigating any variances
- Escalating any issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Bank Reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Sales Reconciliation
- General administration and other ad-hoc duties as required
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.Candidate Requirements
Benefits & Rewards
- Fluent in French
- Excellent client and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Must have strong academic record and experience in Finance
- You will need to be a good communicator with the ability to present and explain financial information to all levels of management with a high standard of written skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Able to adapt style of communication depending on the audience and the nature of the information being communicated
Who are EG Group?
- Performance Based Bonus Scheme
- Employee Life Assurance
- EG Group Discounts - up to 15% off at our stores and food to go restaurants
- ASDA Discount Card - 10% off all ASDA stores
- EG Cares Benefits - exclusive discounts across 900 retailers
- Smart Health - 24/7 online GP access, health checks and health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to our Wellbeing Centre which offers emotional & practical support including free financial advice
- Learning & Development - access to our Learning Hub, the most extensive online course library in the world to support you with every step of your career at EG Group
- Waterside Café - freshly prepared meals at affordable prices
- Free Secure Car Parking
- Dress Down Fridays
- Prayer and Ablution Facilities
- Cycle to Work / Shower Facilities
- Sit / Stand Desk Facilities
- Work Anniversary Rewards
- Free Eye Test
EG Group is one of the world's leading independent convenience retailers with an extensive network of sites across international markets in the United Kingdom & Ireland, Continental Europe, Australia and the United States of America.
Founded in 2001 by the Issa family with the acquisition of a single site in the UK, today the company is at the forefront of delivering an innovative approach to forecourt convenience retail.
At EG Group, we pride ourselves on being recognised for our investment model, trading performance and more importantly, providing a best-in-class customer experience in Grocery & Merchandise, Foodservice and Fuel.
Our transformational convenience retail business model has been built upon excellent relationships with an extensive portfolio of leading retail brands, and through strategic network acquisitions supported by a program of new-to-industry developments.
Every day, our committed workforce tirelessly delivers our products and services to millions of customers alongside supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Please note - the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check which will be funded by EG Group.
Follow this link to reach our Job Search page to search for available jobs in a more accessible format.