Icarus Media Digital has been a leading force in international innovation and online acquisition since 2016. Our mission is to positively impact the world by creating technologies that solve the problems of today and of the future.
We take our ideas and build them into tangible technology businesses that are financially successful. We work across a variety of technology niches, with successful ventures in eCommerce and SaaS.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a start-up with the resources of a profitable digital company, IMD offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.The Position.
At IMD, we have several online ventures spanning multiple industries, countries, and languages. As an Application Support Engineer here, your role will span across different projects, broken down into a few responsibilities:
- Collaborate effectively - work with the support teams and the engineering team to create a healthy channel of communication and collaboration
- Take ownership - with the scale of the businesses in relation to our team size, every employee has the opportunity to work autonomously and have a direct and meaningful impact on the business
- Innovate - we have a good existing support set-up but are always looking for improvement. As part of your role, you will strive to continuously improve the set-up from both a logistics and technical perspective.
We're looking for a few key traits/skills:
- Development - some coding experience would be great, ideally with PHP but any language is great.
- Stakeholder Management - you will be the link between the engineering team and the support team so the ability to manage stakeholders and the relationships between them is key.
- Positive and Proactive Mindset - this role will ideally grow into a full engineering role, so the drive to improve and take on responsibility is important.
- Organisation - we have a variety of projects, and tasks to be completed within those projects, so you'll need an ability to organise and prioritise effectively
- Autonomous Thinking - we're a small company made up of entrepreneurial minds - if you have an idea to improve one of the businesses, try it!
- French - the majority of our team is French
- Laravel - you have experience with PHP using the Laravel framework
- 2nd-line Support - experience with 2nd-line support in some capacity
- £35-40K per annum
- Performance-related, quarterly paid bonus - 10% per year
- Standard UK pension
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Hybird Office-based or Remote. Remote workers will be required to attend the London office one week per month
The Real Perks.
- At least 1 legendary company trip per year (Worldwide unique experiences)
- £15 Deliveroo credit every day for lunch in the office (Office Based Only)
- Apple tech package + £500 home office budget