United States (US) Africa Command (AFRICOM), mission is to protect and defend the national security interests of the United States by strengthening the defense capabilities of African states and regional organizations and, when directed, conducts military operations, in order to deter and defeat transnational threats and to provide a security environment conducive to good governance and development.
Linguists that join this mission must be willing to live and work in austere environments and be ready to provide linguistic support in support of training local Somali military and police entities. Linguists may need to accompany the unit outside the wire on occasions to conduct operations.
- Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
- S peak , read, and write in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required in Somali, French, and English at a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale.
- S peak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required in Somali, French, and English at a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale.
- Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Have the ability to serve customer operations as necessary.
- Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
- Have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
About LIS Solutions, Inc.LIS,
- US Citizen
- Score a minimum ILR level 3 in Somali, French, and English Interpretation and Translation test
- Score a minimum of ILR level 3 in Maay and English Interpretation Test
- Meet medical deployment qualifications
- TS/SCI - CI Poly required to start work
a Woman Owned Small Business, was founded in 1994 as an advanced innovative language service provider. Since then we have organically expanded into Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Information Technology to support our customers with their rapidly evolving global enterprise-wide requirements.
Whether sources are hostile, friendly or neutral, it is LIS'
mission to provide our customers with relevant and effective intelligence data that incorporates the full spectrum of the intelligence life cycle. LIS enhances our industry, government and military partners' situational awareness through the collection, exploitation, analysis and dissemination of source data.