Collections Specialist (French Speaker)Location:
UK (remote)Language Skills:
Fluent in French and English (essential)About GTT:
GTT provides secure global connectivity, improving network performance and agility for your people, places, applications, and clouds. We operate a global Tier 1 internet network and provide a comprehensive suite of cloud networking and managed solutions that utilize advanced software-defined networking and security technologies.
We serve thousands of businesses with a portfolio that includes SD-WAN and other WAN services, internet, security, and voice services. Our customers benefit from a customer-first service experience underpinned by our commitment to operational excellence. For more information on GTT, please visit www.gtt.netRole Summary:
The Collections Specialist is responsible for a portfolio of clients, ensuring that each client is contacted via phone and email and makes payment according to the contractual terms. In doing so, the Collections Specialist plays a key role in helping GTT to meet its cashflow targets as well as minimising levels of overdue debt and bad debt write offs. The Collections Specialist will also help to resolve disputes, working with contacts at the client and liaising with internal stakeholders in Sales, Billing and Service Delivery to understand, identify and get to the root cause. The ability to show an inquisitive mind, solve problems and push proactively to get results are qualities which will fit well with this role.
The Collections Specialist should be able to manage and drive stakeholder relationships across the business ensuring high levels of customer service and leveraging relationships to drive results for the team. Adopt a 'continuous improvement mindset' both to benefit the customer experience and strive to increase efficiency by process optimisation, automation and lean approach.Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with an assigned number of Account Managers to assist in the daily collections efforts
• Contacting all related to the accounts in the work queue daily, and provide sound collection follow-up on delinquent accounts.
• Provide support related to customer balance information, including detailed balance statements as necessary.
• Research and adjust customer accounts as necessary, including
• Confer with internal and external customers by telephone and by email to resolve past due balance and secure payment on overdue balances
• Process credit requests
• Send disconnect notices out every month by the 3rd business day and throughout the month as necessary.
• Maintain ETL (end of term liability) log and terminate customers immediately upon nonpayment.
• Maintain bad debt of .5% or less.
• Ensure aging is current and that customer issues are resolved timely.
• Ensure credits are entered timely and reviewed within 3 business days of submission.
• Approve all equipment releases to customers.
• Work with departments to develop processes as it relates to the customer and collections. Required Skills and Competencies:
• Strong analytical skillsRequired Experience/Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a Collections/Accounts Receivable environment preferred
- Demonstrable ability to hit core KPIs and targets
- Demonstrated reporting and process improvement experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to multiple demands and shifting/competing priorities, and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in Telecommunications an advantage but not essential
- Data Gathering & Analysis: Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques, and processes; ability to collect and synthesize data from a variety of stakeholders and sources in an objective manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or judgment.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Knowledge of successful approaches and techniques for dealing with change; ability to adapt to a changing environment and be comfortable with change.
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
- Teamwork: Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience with; ability to work cooperatively towards shared goals and being supportive of others at all levels.
- Accountability: Understanding the importance of taking personal responsibility; ability to take personal responsibility for assignments, decisions and results, and focus on activities that have the greatest impact on meeting work commitments.
- Process Improvement: Understanding and insight into evaluating current product quality and production methods and ability to maintains focus on the continuous improvement of processes, products and services.
- Accounts Payable (A-P): Knowledge of an organization's billing requirements; ability to utilize the proper tools and follow accounts payable practices and procedures.
- Accounts Receivable (A-R): Knowledge of an organization's billing requirements; ability to utilize the proper tools and follow accounts receivable practices and procedures.
- Continuous Improvement: Knowledge of transformation initiatives to drive fundamental changes, enhance responsiveness and efficiency to core business practices. Ability to drive cultural changes from best effort to results oriented.
- Customer First (Customer Facing): Knowledge of customer interactions, creating a culture of accountability, collaboration and partnership. Ability to build an environment supporting customer value creation at every level.
- Operational Excellence: Understanding the system-driven processes for consistency and scalability. Ability to re-focus processes and systems from integration activity to maximizing a positive customer impact and anticipating future trends.