Service Period: 11 Months starting next School year (August 2024)
Nature and Scope
We are searching for a reliable and enthusiastic French teacher to join our team. The French teacher will be tasked with teaching students how to speak and write in French, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience. You should be able to work with students who have different capabilities and interests.
To be successful, you should demonstrate patience, passion, and excellent analytical skills. Outstanding candidates are able to identify students' strengths and weaknesses and take an innovative approach to language teaching.
- Assessing the capabilities of the students and developing appropriate lesson plans and curricula.
- Pronouncing words and phrases and explaining their meanings to students.
- Conducting research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Using both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Teaching the various tiers of French to students.
- Developing and grading informal and formal written and oral assessments.
- Scheduling feedback sessions with students and providing extra support or enrichment activities as required.
- Making recommendations to students for further learning and development.
- Organizing conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
- Updating records and handling various administrative duties.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in French language or literature.
- Degree in education / teaching certificate.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French, and English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- Innovative thinking.
- Good administration skills
- Modeling and Leadership
- Model a personal commitment to Christ and Bible-based Christian living
- Maintain personal devotional and prayer life
- Member of a Christian Church, either locally or abroad
- Seek to inspire others to Christian commitment, faith, and living
- Contribute toward and maintains a positive Christian spiritual environment