If you are a professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an opening for you as Indirect Buyer. You will be part of a global and culturally diverse organization that offers equal opportunities in an inclusive environment.
The Indirect Buyer ensure accurate commercial activity, administration, and execution for various Offices, supporting the Indirect Procurement Activities. Is responsible for placing purchase orders for tangible goods based upon requirements as outlined in a purchase requisition. Provides follow-up for orders placed to insure on time delivery, and invoice/ order deviation. These activities may include, negotiations, sourcing, expediting, logistics, materials receiving, contract management and tracking.
Are you eager to take your career to the next level? If yes, we encourage your application!In This Role, Your Responsibilities Will Be:
For This Role, You Will Need:
- Issue quality control of requisitions; ascertain if complete requisitions have been provided
- Generate purchase orders and purchase order amendments as the need arises; maintain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system data to ensure accuracy during the entire Procure-to-Pay cycle
- Distribute Purchase Order for approval; negotiate and records all cost savings; issue and expedite supplier acknowledgement in conformance to agreed final Purchase Order
- Advise projects of shipment status and proactively manage schedules in accordance with project requirements
- Advise local office about status of shipment; arrange receiving and inspection of goods whenever it is required
- Coordinate Purchase Order reconciliation
- Closure of Purchase Order as per standard policy
Preferred Qualifications that Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree graduate in Business, Commerce or master's in business or Commerce
- Fluent English and French, both spoken and written, any other foreign language is a plus
Who You Are:
- Proven abilities in ERP based systems such as JDE, ORACLE, SAP etc. - nice to have
- Proven track record to work in multicultural virtual environment, methodical approach to work
- Can work with minimum supervision, excellent great teammate, very good administration skills
- Computer literate, conversant in Microsoft Office applications
You are the first to spot possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. You consistently apply a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions. You adjust communication content and style to meet the needs of diverse collaborators. You model and encourage the expression of diverse ideas and opinions empowering your team. You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts.Our Offer to You:
We understand the importance of work-life balance and are dedicated to supporting our employees' personal and professional needs. From competitive benefits plans and comprehensive medical care to equitable opportunities for growth and development we strive to create a workplace that is supportive and rewarding. Depending on location, our flexible work from home policy allows you to make the best of your time, by combining quiet home office days with collaborative experiences in the office so that you can personalize your work-life mix. Moreover, our global volunteer employee resource groups will empower you to connect with peers that share the same interest, promote diversity and inclusion, and positively contribute to communities around us.About UsWHY EMERSONOur Commitment to Our People
At Emerson, we are motivated by a spirit of collaboration that helps our diverse, multicultural teams across the world drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. And we want you to join us in our bold aspiration.
We have built an engaged community of inquisitive, dedicated people who thrive knowing they are welcomed, trusted, celebrated, and empowered to solve the world's most complex problems - for our customers, our communities, and the planet. You'll contribute to this vital work while further developing your skills through our award-winning employee development programs. We are a proud corporate citizen in every city where we operate and are committed to our people, our communities, and the world at large. We take this responsibility seriously and strive to make a positive impact through every endeavor.
At Emerson, you'll see firsthand that our people are at the center of everything we do. So, let's go. Let's think differently. Learn, collaborate, and grow. Seek opportunity. Push boundaries. Be empowered to make things better. Speed up to break through. Let's go, together.Accessibility Assistance or Accommodation
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.ABOUT EMERSON
Emerson is a global leader in automation technology and software. Through our deep domain expertise and legacy of flawless execution, Emerson helps customers in critical industries like life sciences, energy, power and renewables, chemical and advanced factory automation operate more sustainably while improving productivity, energy security and reliability.
With global operations and a comprehensive portfolio of software and technology, we are helping companies implement digital transformation to measurably improve their operations, conserve valuable resources and enhance their safety.
We offer equitable opportunities, celebrate diversity, and embrace challenges with confidence that, together, we can make an impact across a broad spectrum of countries and industries. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or a recent graduate with an advanced degree, you'll find your chance to make a difference with Emerson. Join our team - let's go!No calls or agencies please.