At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the full-time Buyer with French/English
in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
we're looking for? Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your buying expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You'll report to Gabriela Maftei (France Procurement Team Leader)
, and work alongside dedicated, passionate, but also fun teammates.
You'll ensure project execution in line with Quality Cost Delivery & Technical (QCDT) objectives and support supplier Panel relationship (Supplier workload, negotiation, Specific agreement. Day-to-day, you'll work closely with teams across the business (particularly the procurement, supply chain, and project core teams), managing full supplier selection process, deploying commodities strategy, and much more.
You'll specifically take care ofpreparing and launching of Request for Quotation with suppliers,
but also leading project negotiation.
We'll look to you for:
- Monitor Procurement project QCDT & legal project evolution (FAI, Business Award, Product development)
- Prepare Business Award/Bid Comparison Chart and secure agreement
- Ensure the on-time delivery and quality are secured especially during the ramp-up phase of the project
- Consolidate the commodity needs, inputs
- Support the elaboration of the commodity strategy
- Provide commitment in tender phase in agreement with Commodity Manager
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
- Ensure effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
All about you
- Manage specific supplier panel relationship (negotiation, specific agreement, local supplier QCDT performances)
- Measure the supplier's performance and develop them in coordination with supplier Quality Team
- Assess properly all risky suppliers and manage the associated mitigation plan
- Manage initial issues before escalation to line manager
We value passion and attitude over experience. That's why we don't expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we've listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
Things you'll enjoy
- Degree level qualification
- Good knowledge of procurement/purchasing (raw materials)
- 2-5 years' experience in a relevant position
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP is an advantage)
- Fluency in English and French
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Initiative and autonomy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Be part of a large team with over 800 professionals in HR, Finance and Procurement & Supply Chain
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Utilise our Agile, Responsible and Inclusive working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning (Access to Alstom University and Alstom Learning Program)
- Professional Development Plan - we offer great opportunities to develop yourself within the company
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential (Competitive Salary and Meal Vouchers, Flexible Benefits at your choice - on top of your salary, Holiday Bonuses (Easter, Christmas), Employee Loyalty Bonus, Reimbursement of telework expenses - for amount of days worked from home, Additional Bonuses - referral bonuses, /new-born bonus, discounts)
- Entitle to comprehensive and competitive social coverage (Life and Accident Insurance, Private medical subscription at Regina Maria and Private Pension)
- Work-life balance- we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of work ( Working from Home 3 days/ week) and 25 days of annual leave
- Be part of our Social Corporate Responsibilities initiatives (Social events, Humanitarian Actions)
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
#LI-HybridImportant to note
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.