Junior SommelierAt Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us
Our family members are masters at their crafts - a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.About Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bangkok Chao Phraya
Located along the Chao Phraya River, one of the world's most famous urban waterways, Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bangkok at Chao Phraya River is part of a dynamic new riverside development that includes 299 guest rooms and suites, vibrant restaurants and bars, as well as a 73-storey tower with 366 private residences.
Spanning 9 acres with lush courtyards, exceptional river views, and complemented with convenient connections to all that the city of Bangkok has to offer, Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok Chao Phraya will offer an atmospheric urban resort experience for both international and regional travelers.About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 109 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 43 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.
As the leader in branded residences since 1982, Four Seasons currently operate 38 residential properties around the world and 80% of the projects in our pipeline contain a residential component.What You Will Be Responsible For
What You Will Bring
- Reporting directly to the Restaurant Manager and indirectly to the Hotel Sommelier, responsible for overseeing the wine program throughout the Hotel. Collaboration is essential to implement restaurant-specific programs and list changes.
- Collaborating with the Head Sommelier to develop food and wine pairings, offering wine knowledge, and providing training to the Front-of-House team
- Assisting in managing the wine list and cellar, including wines available by the glass.
- Ensuring a memorable customer experience by embodying our principles and values.
- Upholding exceptional service standards through meticulous attention to detail.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service consistently to meet and exceed guest expectations, thereby enhancing and preserving the Four Seasons reputation.
- Building a comprehensive product knowledge base to effectively communicate food, beverage offerings, and standards to guests.
- Working closely with F&B management and the kitchen to ensure clear communication and enhance the overall guest experience.
- Conducting a weekly manual count of the cellar inventory, responsible for inventory management, understanding the stock, and the financial value tied up in the wine cellar.
- Coordinating with the Hotel Sommelier to update the wine program across all hotel outlets, particularly in the assigned restaurant.
- Staying updated on the latest wine releases and market trends, catering to guest preferences.
- Managing stock rotation, monitoring drinking windows, minimizing spoilage, and ensuring beverage cost targets are met while maintaining an accurate list.
- Achieving wine revenue goals and implementing selling strategies in alignment with set budgets.
- Being primarily stationed for service in the assigned restaurant, providing wine service at other venues only upon demand.
- At least 1-2 years' previous experience as Sommelier from restaurant or hotel or at least talented Bartender who familiar with wine selling.
- Excellent knowledge of wines, Wine paring with food, also spirits and cocktails.
Join Our Team
- College education or equivalent experience;
- Previous employment experience in a similar position with other luxury Hotels will be an added advantage
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Positive attitude with a generous and uplifting team approach.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and prioritize the needs of the guest.
- Energetic and professional approach to his/her craft.
Join a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, creativity and a commitment to the highest quality of service. Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bangkok Chao Phraya provides guests with a haven of serenity and luxury in a bustling city. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.What to expect: You will......
Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
Derive a sense of pride in work well done. Be recognized for excellence